Lasers are the top dogs when it comes to parts marking and parts traceability. They are accurate, stable, quick, and flexible. But one major benefit of laser marking? Scalability. Not only are the lasers themselves customizable, but they can be modified for your unique needs. Here are just a few ways, but there’s many more!
For companies that have an array of products and materials that need to be marked, lasers are the ideal choice. Most everything about laser marking machines can be modified including their power output, speed, and other settings. The strength of the laser can also be adjusted for mark depth and can be used on a variety of materials, including:
- Steel, copper, iron, nickel, aluminum, brass and more
- Gemstones (including diamonds)
- Thin films
- Brick / concrete
Upgrading Machine Components
Lasers can be programmed and upgraded with ease. There are endless options for automation and modified systems including conveyors, rotary turntables, and robotics.
Conveyor belts are one of our many component upgrade options. With this type of system, parts or bundles of parts must be positioned accurately. However, our laser sensor recognizes part presence and ensures exact repeatable placement. Conveyor laser marking are best for situations when:
- A conveyor is already in use
- Large parts can be stopped during marking
- The marking is on a flat or irregular surface
Upgrading Machine Components
Rotary turntables can be installed in situations where cycle time is limited and marking time must be optimized. Our lasers include ezcard rotary setup so rotary marking is simple. Other applications for rotary turntables include:
- Part-to-part traceability inline within a harsh environment
- Parts that must be marked at high temperature or withstand shotblasting
- When it must accommodate an existing production line
Integrating robotics into laser systems improves precision and flexibility. It also reduces human error, as it requires less manual material handling. Robotics are best in situations when:
- Parts are on a pallet or in an array. Robotics can aid in throughout for pickup processes
- There are multiple areas on a part that need marking. Robotics can rotate or reorient the part
- Robotics will help reduce labor costs
At Laser Marking Technologies, we’ve developed hundreds of custom fiber laser systems for part manufacturers and businesses. We have standard systems that are designed to grow with you. This means you can begin with a simple marking system and scale up to programmable auto Z axis, rotaries, turn table and many other options. Your machine can grow as your company’s demand increases.
If you’re in need of a custom configuration, or would simply like to learn more about how fiber lasers can work for you, please give us call. We’re happy to help in any way we can.