Lens Cleaning PM Instruction
When to Use: During Scheduled Preventative Maintenance (weekly or monthly dependent on process)
Materials: *Methanol (*Methanol preferred, but also can use >91% isopropyl alcohol), laser optic tissues (such as Laser Mech’s part # PLOCK0002) or equivalent, flashlight, finger cots, and an air bulb
- Power Down Machine
- With the key inserted, turn the switch counter clockwise—use suitable lockout.
- Inspect lens’ glass surface for large debris/hazing/smudging
- Look at the glass surface from all possible angles with a flashlight—most hazing or smudging can be seen looking at a hard angle (similar to looking at a placid lake’s reflection)
- If large debris or dust is found on the lens glass surface blow away
- If found–For large debris, utilize a bulb air blower (to provide clean, dry air) to blow away and prevent the debris from being pressed into the glass while wiping.
- If hazing or smudging is present—wipe with cleaning agent
- Fold a tissue twice and soak with the alcohol
- Wipe the surface once—wear finger cots if possible to prevent transfer of particles or oils from hands
- Throw away and repeat until the tissue shows clean after the wipe
- Inspect again
- Inspect at angles with the flashlight once again—repeat wiping with with *Methanol if necessary. Ensure no residue remains from the cleaning agents
*Methanol preferred, but also can use >91% isopropyl alcohol