Automotive part marking permanently engraves parts with text and logos. Lasering this data onto parts has several advantages over other methods, such as ink and labels.
CONTACT US TO GET STARTED
Laser Marking Technologies has automotive component laser marking machines that connect to robots and programmable logic controllers (PLC) from Siemens, Allen-Bradley, FANUC and other manufacturers. Through Ethernet IP, SQL database connections, and inputs and outputs (I/O), our solutions can pull your data and provide high-quality marks.
Importance of Quality Laser Marking In The Automotive Industry
Auto parts laser marking machines are a versatile technology in the automotive industry and are compatible with a variety of materials. Lasers are used for cutting, branding, traceability, compliance and welding in the automotive industry and can:
- Help identify and track parts: Laser marking identifies components during the manufacturing process using a data matrix code or serial number. These codes ensure the proper parts are used and can track dates, lot codes and suppliers for quality issues or identify lost or stolen components. This number can also identify the make, model and country of origin of the vehicle.
- Serve as a cost-effective method: Laser marking allows you to apply and modify labels and markings efficiently, reducing production costs in mass production environments. Since lasers do not require inks or chemicals, it is more cost-effective than other methods.
- Reduce maintenance: Unlike dot peen and roll stamping, lasers are noncontact. Besides keeping optics clean, lasers are virtually maintenance-free.
- Be a highly durable marking method: Markers and engravers leave more durable markings than alternatives because it is permanent and can withstand high temperatures and harsh environments.
- Use day and night marking: Lasers can apply day and night marking to allow light to pass through certain plastic parts. This technique is common for speedometers, dash buttons and other interior components.
- Apply branding marks: Laser machines can also apply custom branding for automotive parts, such as engraving your logo on belts and gas caps. This branding capability can differentiate your product from competitors and encourage customers to continue business with you.